proper noun (wikipedia, Yale)
(more properly Yale University)
- A university in eastern United States.
- A set of romanisation schemes for Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, and Korean.
- A city in North Yorkshire, England.
- The w:House of York, House of York, a dynasty of English kings and one of the opposing factions involved in the 15th century w:Wars of the Roses, Wars of the Roses. The name comes from the fact that its members were descended from w:Edmund of Langley, Edmund of Langley, 1st Duke of York; their symbol was a white rose.
- Former name (before 1834) of Toronto.
- An English habitational surname from the city or the county; See also Yorke.
- A British distinguishing surname for the younger of two people having the same given name
- (comparative of, young)