- The rotation of an aircraft, ship, or missile about its vertical axis so as to cause the longitudinal axis of the aircraft, ship, or missile to deviate from the flight line or heading in its horizontal plane.
- The Angle between the longitudinal axis of a projectile at any moment and the tangent to the trajectory in the corresponding point of flight of the projectile.
- An act of yawing.
- (nautical) A vessel's motion rotate, rotating about the vertical axis, so the bow yaws from side to side; a characteristic of unsteadiness.
- The extent of yawing, the rotation angle about the vertical axis
- the of an aircraft
- (context, intransitive, aviation) To turn about the vertical axis while maintaining course.
- (context, intransitive, nautical) To swerve off course to port or starboard.
- (context, intransitive, nautical) To steer badly, zigzagging back and forth across the intended course of a boat; to go out of the line of course.
verb (yok, ing)
- A bar or frame of wood by which two oxen are joined at the heads or necks for working together.
- (figurative) A burden; something which represses or restrains a person.
- The electro-magnetic coil that deflects the electron beam in a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube).
- (nautical) A fitting placed across the head of the rudder with a line attached at each end by which a boat may be steered. In modern use it is primarily found in sailing canoes and kayaks.
- Common misspelling of yolk
- The part of a shirt that stretches over the shoulders, usually made out of a doubled piece of fabric. Or, a pair of fabric panels on trousers (especially jeans) or a skirt, across the back of the garment below the waistband.
- (context, informal, Ireland) An undefined object, a gadget.
- (context, informal, slang) A joke.
- to link or to join
- to unite, to connect