- the wheels, tyres, brakes, shock absorbers etc of an aircraft; its undercarriage
- (aviation) the section of a runway where planes land
- a runway
- A cultivated pubic hair pattern in which much of the pubic hair is removed, leaving only a central vertical line or rectangle.
noun (Plural: letdowns)
- disappointment, Disappointment, the sad state of not living up to expectations.
- It's such a , I thought it was going to be better than this.
- Mechanical device for vertically transporting goods or people between floors in a building; an elevator.
- Take the to the fourth floor.
- The act of transporting someone in a vehicle; a ride; a trip.
- He gave me a to the bus station.
- An upward force, such as the force that keeps aircraft aloft.
- to raise
- (slang) to steal
- The action of the verb to load.
- The of hazardous cargoes is not permitted.
- A load, especially in the engineering and electrical engineering senses of force exerted, or electrical current or power supplied.
- I need to recheck the loadings on the external walls.
- The on the generators peaks during the early evening.
- (present participle of, load)
- The trunk of a dead tree.
- They walked across the stream on a fallen .
- A logbook, or journal; a record.
verb (log, g, ing)
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : The captain sat down to his , and here is the beginning of the entry:...
- (surfing slang) longboard.
- I know he hadn"t surfed on a much in his childhood — Neal Miyake 1999 http://www.iav.com/~sponge/sesh/new2/sesh213.htm
- A rolled cake with filling. A Swiss roll.
- To cut down trees.
- To make an entry in a log.
- A thin strip of wood or metal, to which the skin of an aircraft is fastened.
- A length of thread, line or rope that is doubled over to make an opening; the opening so formed
- A shape produced by a curve that bends around and crosses itself.
- An endless strip of tape or film allowing continuous repetition.
- A complete circuit for an electric current.
- (computing) A programmed sequence of instructions that is repeated until or while a particular condition is satisfied.
- (graph theory) A pair of repeated nodes of an oriented graph represented as an arrow with coinciding endpoints.
- A loop-shaped intrauterine device
- a maneuver in which an aircraft flies a circular path in a vertical plane