- A member of a Muslim dynasty in North Africa and Egypt (Approx CE 900-1200).
- long-standing hostility
- The two men began to after one of them got a job promotion and the other thought he was more qualified.
- (professional wrestling slang) In professional wrestling, when two rival wrestlers engage in a series of matches; often has an angle tied to it.
- of, or relating to feudalism.
- A social system based on personal ownership of resources and personal fealty between a suzerain (lord) and a vassal (subject). Some social-evolutionary theories hold that mankind is evolving through several stages which started with communism and will ultimately return there, have passed through classical society, feudalism, and capitalism, although these phases seem more characteristic just of Europe than elsewhere. Defining characteristics are direct ownership of resources, personal loyalty, and a hierarchical social structure reinforced by religion.
- relating to feudalism, feudal.
noun (feef), n.
- An estate held of a superior on condition of military service.
- something over which one has rights or exercises control
Metaphorically, the term refers to an area of dominion, esp. in a corporate or governmental bureaucracy.
- The Holy Roman Empire.
- One who practices flagellation, flagellating oneself, either for penance.
- A member of a religious order that preaches self-mortification as a means of absolution.
proper noun (given=yes, surname=yes)
- (context, US, informal) A one hundred dollar note, which carries the portrait of Benjamin Franklin.
- A male given name.
- An English surname.
- w:Benjamin Franklin, Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), American author, scientist, inventor, and diplomat, and one of the Founding Fathers.
- A member of the w:Freemasonry, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, an international fraternal and charitable organization with secret rites and signs.
proper noun Freemasonry
- fellowship, Fellowship and sympathy among a number of people
- The institutions, precepts, and rites of the Freemasons
- A political entity whose political status is less than that of a fully sovereign nation-state, as with the former Congo Free State and the former Irish Free State.
- A Federal state, with allegiance to a larger entity, as currently with Germany, and earlier, the relationship between the states of the Holy Roman Empire and the Emperor, and later, the states of the German Empire under the Hohenzollerns.
- An independent or autonomous political entity whose formal status and relationship to other states is undefined.
- An approximate synonym for republic or commonwealth, as with the former Orange Free State, and especially as used for the current United Kingdom to refer to the Commonwealth period under w:Oliver Cromwell, Cromwell.