- A surveying instrument for quickly finding distances.
- any device used in telemetry
- a surveying instrument, consisting of a small mounted telescope, used to measure horizontal and vertical angles
verb (traverses, traversing, traversed)
- A route used in mountaineering, specifically rock climbing.
- (transitive) To travel across, often under difficult conditions.
- He will have to the mountain before he gets to the other side.
- (transitive) (computing) To visit all parts of; to explore thoroughly; as, to traverse all nodes in a network.
- a decisive point at which a significant change or historical event occurs, or at which a decision must be made
- (calculus) a maximum or minimum on a graph
- a crossroads
- a T-junction