- The eighth part of a circle; an arc of 45 degrees.
- (geometry): The eighth part of a disc; a sector of 45 degrees; half a quadrant.
- (nautical): An instrument for measuring angles, particularly of elevation.
- Anything that acts as counterbalance; a compensating equivalent.
verb (offsets, offsetting, offset)
- Today's victory was an to yesterday's defeat.
- (context, international trade) A form of countertrade arrangement, in which the seller agrees to purchase within a set time frame products of a certain value from the the buying country. This kind of deals are often used in large international public sector contracts such as arms sales.
- (rfv-sense) A time at which something begins.
- You can hear the gun go off at the of the race.
- Offset printing.
- (programming) The difference between a target memory address and a base address.
- An array of bytes uses its index as the , of words a multiple thereof.
- The distance by which one thing is out of alignment with another.
- There is a small between the switch and the indicator which some users found confusing.
- To compensate for something.
- I'll the time diffence locally.