- A tool for finding whether a surface is level, or for creating a horizontal or vertical line of reference.
- Hand me the so I can tell if this is correctly installed.
- A distance relative to a given reference elevation.
- By the end of the day, we'd dug down to the of the old basement floor.
- degree, Degree or amount.
- The sound is much too high; this hurts my ears.
- We've reached a new of success.
- (context, gaming) One of several discrete segments of a game generally increasing in difficulty. Often numbered. Often, each level occupies different physical space (although levels are not always vertically stacked).
- It took me weeks to get to seven.
- Watch out for the next ; the bad guys there are really overpowered.
- (context, gaming) A periodic progression of integer values that quantify a character's experience and power.
- My half-orc barbarian reached fifth before he was squashed by a troll.
- A floor of a multi-storey building.
- Take the elevator and get off at the promenade .
- To adjust so as to make level.
- You can the table by turning the pads that screw into the feet.
- To destroy by reducing to ground level; to raze.
- The hurricane leveled the forest.
- (context, gaming) To progress to the next level.
- I levelled after defeating the dragon.
- To aim or direct (a weapon, a stare, an accusation, etc).
- He levelled an accusation of fraud.
- (italbrac, US or obsolete) To levy.
- 2007, Mary Jacoby, EU investigators endorse charges against Intel, Wall Street Journal Europe (17 Jan 07, p. 32, col 5),
- : Ultimately, Ms. Kroes European Union Antitrust Commissioner could a fine and order Intel to change its business practices.
- The same height at all places; parallel to the ground.
- This table isn't quite ; see how this marble rolls off it?
- At the same height as some reference; constructed as level with.
- ''We tried to hang the pictures so that the bottom of the frames were with the dark line in the wallpaper.
- Being unvaried.
- His pulse has been for 12 hours.
- Being sensible.
- He kept a head under stress.
- A major appendage of human or animal, used for locomotion (such as an arm, leg or wing)
- A branch of a tree.
- (archery) The part of the bow, from the handle to the tip.
- To remove the limbs of an animal or tree.
(wikipedia, Wichita Lineman)
- a person who installs and repairs overhead cables (either power or telephone); a linesman