noun (wikipedia, Biological life cycle)
- (biology) the course of stages through which an organism passes from fertilized zygote until maturity
- (context, by extension) the useful life of a product or system; the developmental history of an individual or group in society
- an investigation into the details and activities of a person during his/her lifetime; one's background.
- His shows that he frequently moves from town to town, moving from one job to the next.
- (medicine) Information concerning a person's diseases and medical disorders suffered during his lifetime; especially useful if the disorders are genetic.