- (cytology) The process by which gametes are produced.
- Formed as a result of syngamy (union of gametes), sexually produced, sexual.
- (rare) the genitalia
- of, or relating to biological reproduction
- of, or relating to the genitalia
- (psychoanalysis) of, or relating to psychosexual development during puberty
- (biology) The small mass of cells from which a new organism develops; a seed, bud or spore.
- A pathogenic microorganism.
- An idea that forms the basis of some project.
- The embryo of a seed, especially of a seed used as a cereal or grain. See w:Cereal germ, Wikipedia article on cereal germ.
- The act of wearing (clothes or ornaments).
- The act of carrying young in the womb from conception to delivery; pregnancy.
- Exercise in which one is borne or carried, as on horseback, or in a carriage, without the exertion of his own powers; passive exercise.
- A capsule which encloses the blastostyle of some hydroids
verb (grows, growing, grew, grown)
- (intransitive) To become bigger.
- Children quickly.
- (intransitive) To appear or sprout.
- The plant began to .
- A long tail began to from his backside.
- (transitive) To cause something to become bigger, especially plants.
- He grows peppers and squash each summer in his garden.
- A person having physical characteristics of both genders.
- female parthenogenesis in which the embryo contains only maternal chromosomes due to the failure of the sperm to fuse with the egg nucleus