- An area distinguished on the basis of a particular characteristic, use, restriction, etc.
- There is a no-smoking that extends 25 feet outside of each entrance.
- The white is for loading and unloading only.
- (baseball) Short for the strike zone.
- That pitch was low and away, just outside of the .
- A high performance phase or period, especially in sports.
- I just got in a late in the game, everything was going in.
- (context, networking) That collection of a domain's DNS resource records, the domain and it's subdomain, subdomains, that are not delegate, delegated to another authority.
- (context, Apple computing) A logical group of network devices on AppleTalk?.
- (religion) A belt worn by priests in the Greek Orthodox church.
verb (zones, zoning, zoned)
- : In putting on the or belt, worn by both bishops and priests, he says: "Blessed is God, Who girded me with power, and hath made my path blameless..." (Ps. 47:32-33). The denotes the priest's readiness to serve the Lord and is also a sign that he is bound to Christ.
- Divide into or assign sections or areas.
- Please off our staging area, a section for each group.
- To define the property use classification of an area.
- This area was zoned for industrial use.
- To temporarily enter a daydream state, for instance as a result of boredom, fatigue, or intoxication.
- I must haved zoned while he was giving us the directions.