- An English surname.
noun (wikipedia, Heel, Heel (part of the foot))
- (anatomy) Part of the foot on the backside where it becomes the leg.
- The part of a shoe's sole which supports the foot's heel.
- On a long firearm, the back upper part of the stock.
- The last or lowest part of anything; as, the heel of a mast or the heel of a vessel.
- A crust end-piece of a loaf of bread.
- A contemptible, inconsiderate or thoughtless person.
- (nautical) The tilt of a ship to one side; also, the degree of such a tilt.
- To follow at somebody's heels; to chase closely.
- one who helps; an aide
- A cocktail made from spirit plus soda water etc.
- (railroading) An all clear or full speed ahead signal.
- (slang, rare, or, erroneous) To move quickly; to hightail.
verb (hogg, ing)
- Any animal belonging to the Suidae family of mammals, especially the pig, the wart hog, and the boar.
- A greedy person; one who refuses to share.
- (slang) A large motorcycle, particularly a w:Harley Davidson, Harley-Davidson.
- (transitive) To greedily take more than one's share.
- Hey! Quit hogging all the blankets.
- A stocking without a foot, worn by coal miners at work.
- (slang) A marijuana cigarette
- (curling) A shot that comes to rest short of or on the far hog line and is removed from play
- a temporary storage bin, filled from the top and emptied from the bottom, often funnel-shaped.
- one who hops
- (context, localism, or, slang) a toilet's water tank/toilet seat (rfv-sense)
- She got off the just as the phone rang.
- an artificial fishing lure
- To catch a big fish, use a that jumps across the pond surface.
verb (hotbox, es)
- A container maintained at elevated temperatures in order to heat or cook its contents.
- (Mechanical) An overheated shaft bearing.
- The act of smoking marijuana in a small confined area until it is full of smoke, typically a motor vehicle. The purpose is for the user to get "higher" by not letting any smoke out. Also known as clam bake, clam baking, box out
- (rivers) A river in America that flows through New York into the Atlantic Ocean.
- A mound of earth.
- A rounded fleshy mass, such as on a camel.
- A deformity in humans caused by abnormal curvature of the upper spine.
- (context, UK, slang) An act of sexual intercourse.
- (slang) (British) A bad mood, especially in the expression to have the hump.
- (slang) A painfully boorish person.
- That guy is such a hump!
- (The Hump) World War 2 slang for the supply route between India and China over the Himalaya mountain range.
- (transitive) To bend something into a hump.
- (context, transitive, slang) To carry something, especially with some exertion.
- (context, transitive, slang) To have sex with.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To carry, especially with some exertion.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To have sex.