- One who idles; one who spends his time in inaction; a lazy person; a sluggard.
- One of the simple machines; a sloping surface such as a ramp such that an object can be raised with less effort than being lifted vertically.
- A safety device that prevents activation in unsafe conditions.
- The demonstrator couldn't figure out why the machine wouldn't work, until he remembered that there was an so it wouldn't operate with the cover open.
- To fit together securely.
- To interlace.
- An area of land totally surrounded by water.
- An entity surrounded by other entities that are very different from itself.
- an island of tranquility (a calm place surrounded by a noisy environment)