- An inhabitant of the Americas. More often this is specified as either North American, Central American or South American.
- A person born in, or a citizen of, the United States of America.
- (rare) The English language as spoken in the USA; American English.
- 1942, We sat down in the central square and drank coffee and a man came up and spoke to us in . " Rebecca West, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (Canongate 2006, p. 756)
- Of or pertaining to the United States of America, or w:Culture of the United States, American culture
- Of or pertaining to the Americas. More often this is specified as either "North American" or "South American."
noun (abbreviated as AOA)
|angle of attack||
- (context, aeronautics) The angle between the chord line of an airfoil and the airflow over it; one of the determiners of the amount of lift produced by an airfoil.
- (context, nautical) The angle between a mid-sail and the direction of the wind.
- The Atlantic Ocean.
- Pertaining to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Pertaining to locations adjacent to or in the vicinity of the Atlantic Ocean, such as the British Isles or the Eastern seaboard of the USA.
- Pertaining to the legendary island of Atlantis.