- A dark room, where photographs are developed
- The light from the sun, as opposed to that from any other source.
- The period of time between sunrise and sunset.
- We should get home while it's still daylight.
adjective (denser, densest)
- Having relatively high density.
- Compact; crowded together.
- Thick; difficult to penetrate.
- Opaque; allowing little light to pass through.
- Obscure, or difficult to understand.
- Of a person, slow to comprehend; of low intelligence.
- A device that measures the optical density of a material.
- A device that measures the specific gravity of a substance; a densimeter.
- A measure of the amount of matter contained by a given volume.
- The ratio of the number particles or total amount of such a quantity as energy or momentum, carried by or contained in a volume , to that volume.
verb (desensitiz, ing)
- to cause to become less sensitive or insensitive
- The exposure to light desensitized the film, so I had to buy a new roll.
- Even those who believe themselves desensitized to the grotesque will be shocked at this site.
- To progress.
Let's see how things and then make our decision. Isabel developed from a tropical depression to a tropical storm to a hurricane.
- To progress through a sequence of stages.
An embryo develops into a fetus and then into an infant.
- To create.
I need to a plan for the next three weeks.
- To bring out images latent in photographic film.
Please this roll of film.
(context, Chess) To place ones pieces actively.
I need to my white-square bishop.
(context, snooker, pool) To cause a ball to become more open and available to be played on later. Usually by moving it away from the cushion, or by opening a pack.
- A person or entity engaged in the creation or improvement of certain classes of products.
- A real estate developer; a person or company who prepares a parcel of land for sale, or creates structures on that land.
- A film developer; a person who uses chemicals to create photographs from photograph negatives.
- A liquid used in the processing of traditional photos.
- A software developer; a person or company who creates or modifies computer software.
(anatomy) In mammals, a sheet of muscle separating the thorax from the abdomen, contracted and relaxed in respiration to draw air into and expel air from the lungs.
(mechanics) A flexible membrane separating two chambers and fixed around its periphery that distends into one or other chamber depending on the as the difference in the pressure in the chambers varies.
- A contraceptive device consisting of a flexible cup, used to cover the cervix during intercourse.
- a ruler of Venice while it was a republic
- a surname, typically found in the United States
- a brand of motor vehicle