pronoun (desc=personal pronoun, objective, me, possessive, my, possessive noun, mine, reflexive, myself)
- The capitalisation, capitalised ninth letter of the Appendix:Roman script, English alphabet, preceded by H and followed by J.
, + Inflection
- The speaker or writer, referred to as the grammatical subject of a sentence.
, object , , me
, reflexive , , myself
, possessive , , mine or my
- An image, picture, or other representation.
- A religious painting, often done on wooden panels.
- A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing.
- That man is an in the business; he personifies loyalty and good business sense.
- A small picture which represents something (such as an icon on a computer screen which when clicked performs some function.)
- (linguistics): A type of noun whereby the form reflects and is determined by the referent; onomatopoetic words are necessarily all icons. See also symbol and index.
- The sameness some individuals share to make up the same kind or universal.
- The difference or character that marks off an individual from the rest or the same kind.
- A name or persona by which one is known.
- This criminal has taken on several identities
- Knowledge of who one is.
- I've been through so many changes, I have no sense of identity.
- This nation has a strong identity.
- (cattag2, Algebra, Computing) Any function which maps all elements of its domain to themselves.
- (algebra) An element of an algebraic structure which, when applied to another element under an operation in that structure, yields this, second element.
- Illegal; against the law
- Born to unmarried parents
- Illogical; incorrectly deduced
- An optical or other representation of a real object; a graphic; a picture.
- A mental picture of something not real or not present.
- (computing) A copy of all or part of a disk drive retained for backup or replication purposes.
- A characteristic of a person, group or company etc., style, manner of dress, how one is, or wishes to be, perceived by others.
- (mathematics) Something mapped to by a function.
verb (imag, ing)
- 5 is the of 3 under f.
- (mathematics) The subset of a codomain comprising those elements that are images of something.
- The of this step function is the set of integers.
- (context, computing) To convert an idea to an image.
- (context, computing) To create a complete backup copy of a filesystem.
- naturally part of something; inherent; integral
- Love is in humans.
- restricted to the mind; subjective
- happening right away, instantly, with no delay
- People these days expect results when they click on a link.
- Very close; direct or adjacent.
- (uncountable) The act of implicating.
- (uncountable) The state of being implicated.
- (countable) An implying, or that which is implied, but not expressed; an inference, or something which may fairly be understood, though not expressed in words.
- (logic) (countable) The connective in propositional calculus that, when joining two predicates A and B in that order, has the meaning "if A is true, then B is true".
- Having no consequence, not consequential, of little importance
- You will never know the exact atomic time when you started reading this phrase; of course, that's .
- not consistent
verb (induc, ing)
- to cause; persuade; force
- (logic) of, or relating to logical induction
- (physics) of, relating to, or arising from induction or inductance
- introductory or preparatory
- (philosophy) In the philosophy of science, the view that concepts and theories are merely useful instruments whose worth is measured not by whether the concepts and theories are true or false (or correctly depict reality), but how effective they are in explaining and predicting phenomena.
- One who plays upon an instrument of music, as distinguished from a vocalist
- capable of being understand, understood; clear to the mind
- intensity or the act of becoming intense <ref name="american_heritage" />.
- (logic) the sum of the attributes contained in a term <ref name="american_heritage" />.