verb (overcast, ing)
- (obsolete) An outcast.
- A cloud covering all of the sky.
- (context, transitive, obsolete) To overthrow.
- (transitive) To cover with cloud; to overshadow; to darken.
- (transitive) To make gloomy; to depress.
- (context, intransitive, obsolete) To be or become cloudy.
- (context, transitive, obsolete) To transform.
- Covered with clouds; overshadowed; darkened.
- (meteorology) The sky is said to be , when it is more than 90% covered by clouds.
- In a state of depression; gloomy; melancholy.