pronoun (infl, en, pronoun)
- Are you the person who phoned me yesterday?
- similar, alike
- You have the hair I do!
- the identical thing, ditto
- The can be said of him.
- something similar, something of the identical type
- She's having apple pie? I'll have the .
- You two are just the .
- (archaic) Second-person singular present form of shall.
- Thou not kill.
verb (simple past of shall)
- The speaker—but not necessarily the subject of the sentence—intends for the subject to execute the sentence predicate.
- Contrast with stronger auxiliary verb must, which indicates that the subject is required to execute the predicate.
- The subject of the sentence is likely to execute the sentence predicate.
- Contrast with stronger auxiliary verb must, which indicates that the subject certainly will execute the predicate.
- if, If; in case of.
- Should you need extra blankets, you'll find them in the closet.
- (auxiliary) Should not.
- (archaic) Second-person singular simple past form of shall.
- Doth it seem good to thee that thou calumniate me, and oppress me, the work of thy own hands, and help the counsel of the wicked? - Job 10:3
- (music) A syllable used in solfège to represent the fifth note of a major scale.
- That is so.
- You are responsible for this, is that not ?
- (context, dated, _, British, _, slang, euphemistic) homosexual.
- Is he ?
- very, Very.
- He is good!
- It"s not bad.
- To this or that extent.
- I need a piece of cloth long.
- In this or that manner.
- Place the napkin on the table just .
- (context, slang, especially, US) Very much.
- But I want to see the Queen when she visits our town!
- That is not true!
- An unspecified quantity or number of.
- Would you like grapes?
- A considerable quantity or number of.
- He had edited the paper for years.
- An unspecified or unknown.
- I've just met man who said he knew you.
- (informal) a remarkable.
- He is acrobat!
- An indefinite quantity of.
- Everyone is wrong of the time.
- At least one.
- Well, at least came.
- Logical negation makes none. Also related to all.
- some, Some unspecified person.
- Logically related to everybody and nobody. Becomes nobody via negation.
- an important person; a somebody
- He looks a behind that big desk.
- (in combination) someone in a specified range of ages
- He must be fifty.
- Applied to an action whose name is forgotten by, unknown or unimportant to the user, e.g. from words of a song.
- somewhat; to a degree
- the baby looks like his father.
- an unspecified object
- I must have forgotten to pack , but I can't think of what.
- an event that breaks up a period of calm
- Isn't meant to happen?
- someone or something that has a quality to a moderate degree
- The performance was of a disappointment.
- a talent that is hard to pin down
- You've got .
- somebody or something who is (superl) in some way
- You're really !
pronoun and suchlike
- Of the same or similar kind
- And other things of the same kind or type. e.g., Audio CDs, tapes and suchlike.
- (present participle of, suppose)