- (context, Webster 1913) adjective, Adjective.
- (context, often with "Q" for "Question") answer, Answer
- (physics) angstrom
- (context, weaponry) atom
- (nautical; where the frame of reference is within the ship.) At or towards the stern of a ship
- Note: The adverb is aft, thus; "The gun is mounted aft"
- The related preposition in this nautical usage is abaft.
- "The gun is abaft the forward gun".
- Behind; later in time; following.
- They lived happily ever .
- I left the room, and the dog bounded .
noun (alls, -)
- (context, with a possessive pronoun) Everything possible.
- She gave her , and collapsed at the finish line.
- (countable) The totality of one's possessions
- (Sometimes lower case) From Latin ante meridiem, meaning "before noon (12:00)".
- See also: A.M.
- Amplitude Modulation
- Contrasted with FM
- Assembly Member, a title similar to MP, placed after the name of a Member of the Welsh National Assembly.
- Artium Magister or Master of Arts
- The first letter of the Georgian alphabet.
- (logic) Alternative form of âˆ§, the conjunction operator.
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- Anybody will do.
- Is there inside?
- (colloquial) A person of some consideration or standing.
- Everybody who wants to be will come to Jake's party.
- Here one isn't , if one doesn't dance like Travolta.
- (rare) A accepted (but deprecated and rarely used) SI unit of area equal to 100 square metres, or a former unit of approximately the same extent. Symbol: a
- (form of, second-person singular simple present tense, be)
- Mary, where you going?
- (form of, first-person plural simple present tense, be)
- We not coming.
- (form of, second-person plural simple present tense, be)
- Mary and John, you listening?
- (form of, third-person plural simple present tense, be)
- They here somewhere.
- (uncountable) human, Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
- (uncountable) The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colours, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
- (uncountable) Activity intended to make something special
- (uncountable) A recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements
- (uncountable) The study and the product of these processes.
- (uncountable) aesthetic, Aesthetic value.
- (context, uncountable, printing) artwork, Artwork.
- (countable) A field or category of art, such as painting, sculpture, music, ballet, or literature.
- (countable) A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.
- (countable) skill, Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation.
- (archaic) Second-person singular simple present tense indicative of be.
- How great thou !
- Advanced Supplementary
- (neurology) Asperger's Syndrome
- (geography) American Samoa