- An indefinite small number of things or people.
adjective (fewer, fewest)
- I don't know how many drinks I've had, but I've had a .
- A small elite group.
- He flew spitfires with the .
- More than one, but not as many as usual or as expected.
- There are people who understand quantum theory.
- (meteorology) (uncomparable) (Of the sky) one eighth to two eighths obscured by clouds
- (meteorology) (uncomparable) (Of clouds) covering one eighth to two eighths of the sky
- A small number of things or people.
- I was expecting lots of people at the party, but turned up.
- field, Field Of research, Research.
- w:Fellowship of Reconciliation, Fellowship of Reconciliation, any of a number of religious nonviolent organizations, particularly in English-speaking countries.
- IATA airport code for w:Pinto Martins International Airport, Pinto Martins International Airport in Fortaleza, Fortaleza, Cearí¡, Brazil.