- The impetus behind all motion and all activity.
- The capacity to do work.
(context, physics) A quantity that denotes the ability to do work and is measured in a unit dimensioned in mass Ū distance¬≤/time¬≤ (ML¬≤/T¬≤) or the equivalent.
- :SI: joule (J), kilowatt-hour (kW¬∑h)
- :CGS: erg (erg)
- :Customary: foot-pound-force, calorie, kilocalorie (i.e. dietary calories), BTU, liter-atmosphere, ton of TNT
- a brief recreational trip; a journey out of the usual way
- While driving home I took an and saw some deer.