- (given name, male), variant spelling of Derek.
noun (uncountable, countable, plural: diesels)
verb (dieseled, dieseling)
- a fuel derived from petroleum but heavier than gasoline/petrol. Used to power diesel engines which burn this fuel using the heat produced when air is compressed.
- A vehicle powered by a diesel engine.
- To ignite a substance by using the heat generated by compression.
- (of a petrol engine) To continue running after the ignition has been turned off.
- The only reason the VW bug has a solenoid is to prevent it from dieseling.