- A soft mixture, in particular:
verb (past, ing)
- One of flour, fat, or similar ingredients used in making pastry.
- One of pounded foods, such as fish paste, liver paste, or tomato paste.
- One used as an adhesive, esp. for putting up wallpapers, etc.
- A hard lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone made from this glass.
- (transitive) To stick with paste; to cause to adhere by or as if by paste.
- (context, intransitive, computing) To insert a piece of text previously copied or cut from somewhere else.
- (transitive) To strike or beat someone or something.
noun (plural pates)
- The top of the head.
- He had a shiny, bald .
- (cycling) The main group of riders formed during a cycling road race.
- a hard, white, translucent ceramic that is made by firing kaolin and other materials; china.
- anything manufactured from this material.
noun (uncountable in most senses)
- all fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed
- The shelves were lined with of all shapes and sizes.
- (countable, plural potteries) a workshop where pottery is made
- I visited the old potteries and saw the pots being made.
- the craft of making pots from clay
- W:Bernard Leach, Bernard Leach was skilled at .
- A small piece of glass fused to the main body of a piece of glasswork and then shaped or pressed, for decoration