- A fine Italian glazed earthenware, coated with opaque white enamel and ornamented with metallic colours
- Any other kind of glazed coloured earthenware or faience
- (mineralogy) A bright green mineral, a basic copper carbonate, Cu2CO3(OH)2; one of the principal ores of copper.
- (colour) A mild green colour, like that of the mineral.
- <table><tr><td>malachite colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 679267" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (colour) of a mild green colour, like that of the mineral.
verb (metal, l, ed)
- Any of a number of chemical elements in the periodic table that form a metallic bond with other metal atoms; generally shiny, somewhat malleable and hard, often a conductor of heat and electricity.
- Any material with similar physical properties, such as an alloy.
- (astronomy) Any element other than hydrogen and helium,<ref>Majewski, S. R. (2003, 2006). http://www.astro.virginia.edu/class/majewski/astr551/lectures/ABUNDANCES/abundances.html CHEMICAL ABUNDANCE EFFECTS ON SPECTRAL ENERGY DISTRIBUTIONS. ASTR 551 (Majewski) Lecture Notes.</ref> or sometimes other than hydrogen.<ref>Martin, J. C. (n.d.). http://etacar.umn.edu/~martin/rrlyrae/metals.htm What we learn from a star's metal content</ref>
- Crushed rock, stones etc. used to make a road.
- (tincture) A light tincture used in a coat of arms, specifically argent and or.
- A category of rock music encompassing a number of genres (including thrash metal, death metal, heavy metal, etc.) categorised by strong and/or fast drum-beats and distorted guitars.
- To make a road using crushed rock, stones etc.
- Made of metal.
- Of or pertaining to the metal musical genre (e.g. the metal scene).
- (British slang) to be unattractive (person or object)
- (British slang) to be foul smelling
verb (moils, moiling, moiled)
- Hard work.
- Confusion, turmoil.
- An unwanted rim of glass left after blow molding in glassblowing.
- To toil, to work hard.
- I do not like to moil.
- To churn continually.
- a bowl used for the cooling of wine glasses
- (obsolete) a cotton handkerchief with white spots on a coloured background
- A mixture; a confusion; a garble.
verb (muddl, ing)
- The of nervous speech he uttered did not have much meaning.
- (transitive) To mix together, to mix up; to confuse.
- The tiny speakers tend to the words.
- A blown cylinder of glass which is afterward flattened out to make a sheet.
- (slang) pubic hair, Pubic hair, in most cases referring to that which surrounds female genitalia. Sometimes it refers to the actual vulva.
- (archaic) A piece of fur or cloth for keeping the hands warm. hence, earmuff.
- (context, baseball, slang) An 1800s baseball term meaning an error.
- In American football, to drop or mishandle the ball, especially during a punt or kick-off.
- By extension, to mishandle any situation.