verb (var, i, ed)
- to change with time
- not to remain constant
- (anatomy) Of, pertaining to, or containing vessels that conduct or circulate fluids, such as blood, lymph, or sap, through the body of an animal or plant.
- (constellation) A spring constellation of the northern sky, said to resemble the sails of a ship. Until 1763, it was part of a larger constellation, Argo Navis.
- Relating to, or characteristic of life.
- Necessary to the continuation of life; being the seat of life; being that on which life depends.
- The brain is a organ.
- Invigorating or life-giving.
- The sun"s radiation.
- Necessary to continued existence.
- The transition to farming was for the creation of civilisation.
- Relating to the recording of life events.
- Birth, marriage and death certificates are records.
- the doctrine that life involves some nonmaterial "vital force", and cannot be explained scientifically