- The brief recitement of the major points in a narrative, article, or book. Summary.
(music) The third major section of a musical movement written in sonata form, representing thematic material that originally appeared in the exposition section.
(biology) The reenactment of the embryonic development in evolution of the species.
noun (wikipedia, reversion)
- One who, or that which, reverts.
(italbrac, Muslim usage) A convert to Islam.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate;to get back..
- To change back.
- To return; to come back.
If they attack, we will to the bunker.
- To return to the proprietor after the termination of a particular estate granted by him.
- To return, wholly or in part, towards some preexistent form; to take on the traits or characters of an ancestral type.
- To change back, as from a soluble to an insoluble state or the reverse; thus, phosphoric acid in certain fertilizers reverts.
verb (revolut, ing)
- to roll back, curve upwards
- roll, Rolled or recurved on itself.