- A discrete-time stochastic process with the Markov property.
verb (means, meaning, meant)
- (mathematics) Any function of multiple variables that satisfies certain properties and yields a number representative of its arguments.
- (context, mathematics, more, _, specifically) The arithmetic mean.
- (mathematics) Either of the two numbers in the middle of a proportion, as 2 and 3 in 1:2=3:6.
- Commonly, an intermediate value.
- (transitive) To convey, signify, or indicate.
- What does this hieroglyph ?
- The sky is red this morning—does that we're in for a storm?
- (transitive) To want or intend to convey.
- I'm afraid I don't understand what you .
- Say what you and mean what you say.
- (transitive) To intend; to plan on doing.
- I didn't to knock your tooth out.
- I mean to go to Baddeck this summer.
- I meant to take the car in for a smog check, but it slipped my mind.
- (transitive) To have conviction in what one says.
- Does she really what she said to him last night?
- Say what you mean and what you say.
- (transitive) To have intentions of a some kind.
- Don't be angry; she meant well.
- Someone's coming up. He means business.
- (transitive) To result in; to bring about.
- One faltering step means certain death.
- Causing or intending to cause intentional harm; bearing ill will towards another; cruel; malicious.
- Watch out for her, she's . I said good morning to her, and she punched me in the nose.
- Miserly; stingy.
- ''He's so . I've never seen him spend so much as five pounds on presents for his children.
- Selfish; acting without consideration of others; unkind.
- It was to steal the girl's piggy bank, but he just had to get uptown and he had no cash of his own.
- Powerful; fierce; harsh; damaging.
- It must have been a typhoon that levelled this town.
- Accomplished with great skill; deft; hard to compete with.
- Your mother can roll a cigarette.
- He hits a backhand.
- Low in quality; inferior.
- (music) One of several ancient scales, one of which corresponds to the modern major scale and one to the harmonic minor scale
- A particular means of accomplishing something.
- What was the mode of entry?
- (statistics) A value occurring most frequently in a distribution
- (context, mathematics, physics) A state of a system that is represented by an eigenfunction of that system.
- (computing) One of various related sets of rules for processing data.
- In insert mode, characters typed are directly inserted into the buffer
- A brief, unspecified amount of time.
- Wait up a , while I lock the front door.
- weight, Weight or importance.
- 1904, the document in question is of such immense importance that its publication might very easily " I might almost say probably " lead to European complications of the utmost . " Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Adventure of the Second Stain" (Norton 2005, p.1192)
- (physics) The magnitude of force applied to a rotational system at a distance from the axis of rotation. Also called moment of force.
- (historical) A definite period of time, specifically one-tenth of a point, or one-fortieth or one-fiftieth of an hour.
- A part of Monaco famous for its casinos.
- A commonly served drink consisting of beer and grenadine.