noun (frequenc, ies)
- (uncountable) The rate of occurrence of anything; the relationship between incidence and time period.
- With growing confidence, the Viking"s raids increased in .
- The of bus service has been improved from 15 to 12 minutes.
- (uncountable) The property of occurring often rather than infrequently.
- The FAQ addresses questions that come up with some .
- The of the visits was what annoyed him.
- (countable) The quotient of the number of times <math>n</math> a periodic phenomenon occurs over the time <math>t</math> in which it occurs: <math>f = n / t</math>.
- The of middle C is 440 oscillations per second.
- The of a wave is its velocity <math>v</math> divided by its wavelength <math>\lambda</math>: <math>f = v / \lambda</math>.
- Broadcasting live at a of 98.3 megahertz, we"re your rock alternative!
- The for electric power in the Americas is generally 60 Hz rather than 50.''