noun (wikipedia, weight)
:Compare to mass.
- The force on an object due to the gravitational attraction between it and the Earth.
- An object used to make something heavier.
- A standardized block of metal used in a balance to measure the mass of another object.
- (weightlifting): A disc of iron, dumbbell, or barbell used for training the muscles.
- (physics) mass (net weight, atomic weight, molecular weight, troy weight, carat weight, etc.)
- (statistics) A variable which multiplies a value for ease of statistical manipulation.
- (topology) the smallest cardinality of a base
- (transitive) To add weight to something, in order to make it heavier.
- (transitive) To load, burden or oppress someone.
- (context, transitive, mathematics) To assign weights to individual statistics.
- (transitive) To bias something; to slant.
- (context, transitive, horse racing) To handicap a horse with a specified weight.
- (past of, weight)
- Having weights on it
- She wore a dress so it woldn't blow in the wind.
- biased, so as to favour one party.
- The competition was weighted so he'd be the clear favourite to win.