- (UK and Europe) a text based information retrieval system using television sets with a suitable decoder; developed by the BBC
- (uncountable) An electronic communication medium that allows the transmission of real-time visual images, and often sound.
- It"s a good thing that doesn"t transmit smell.
- (countable) A device for receiving television signals and displaying them in visual form.
- I have an old in the study.
- (uncountable) Collectively, the programs broadcast via the medium of television.
- ... fifty-seven channels and nothing on .
- A person who, or thing which makes a new version of a book, document, web site, movie, etc., in a new language or format.
- It is frequently misused as a synonym for 'interpreter', but this is incorrect.
- The process or manner of treating someone or something.
- Medical care for an illness or injury.
- The use of a substance or process to preserve or give particular properties to something.
verb (tunes, tuning, tuned)
- song, Song
- To modify a musical instrument so that each component is aligned in a suitable pattern.
- A person who tunes a piano.
- On a musical instrument, a peg or mechanical device that changes the tension, and hence pitch, of a string.
- The component of an audio system that receives radio broadcasts.