- (uncountable) food, Food given to (especially herbivorous) animals.
verb (feeds, feeding, fed)
- They sell , riding helmets, and everything else for horses.
- Something supply, supplied continuously; as, a satellite feed.
- (countable) A gathering to eat, especially in quantity
- They held a crab on the beach.
- Encapsulated online content that you can subscribe to with a feed reader. Used often for reading blog and news updates.
- (transitive) to give food to eat, nurture
- Feed the dog every evening.
- (intransitive) to eat (usually of animals)
- Spiders on gnats and flies.
- (transitive) To give to a machine to be processed.
- Feed the paper gently into the document shredder.
- We got interesting results after feeding' the computer with the new data.
- A brightly burning light used to attract attention in an emergency, or to illuminate an area.
verb (flar, ing)
- The flares steered the traffic away from the accident.
- A widening of the lower legs of trousers and jeans.
- That's a genuine early '70's on those pants.
- (aircraft) The transition from downward flight to level flight just before landing.
- The captain executed the perfectly, and we lightly touched down.
- (baseball) A low fly ball that is hit in the region between the infielders and the outfielders
- Jones hits a little to left that falls for a single.
- (intransitive): To blaze brightly.
- The blast furnace flared in the night.
- (intransitive): To burn unsteadily.
- (intransitive): To burst out suddenly, as in anger (often with up or out.)
- The insult made him up.
- (transitive): to make flare.
- (geography) Federated States of Micronesia
- Frequency Modulation
- The layout of a document.
- (hence) The form of presentation of something.
verb (format, t, ing)
- The radio station changed the of its evening program.
- (computing) A file type.
- To create or edit the layout of a document.
- Change a document so it will fit onto a different type of page.
- (computing) To prepare a mass storage medium for initial use, erasing any existing data in the process.
- I lost weeks of work when I inadvertently formatted my hard drive.
- The structural elements of a building or other constructed object.
verb (fram, ing)
- Now that the is complete, we can start on the walls.''
- The structure of a person's body.
- His starved flesh hung loosely on his once imposing .
- A rigid, generally rectangular mounting for paper, canvas or other flexible material.
- The painting was housed in a beautifully carved .
- A piece of photographic film containing an image.
- A film projector shows many frames in a single second.
- A context for understanding or interpretation.
- In this , it's easy to ask the question that the investigators missed.
- (snooker) A complete game of snooker, from break-off until all the balls (or as many as necessary to win) have been potted.
- (computing) An independent chunk of data sent over the wires of a network.
- (context, bowling) A set of balls whose results are added together for scoring purposes. Usually two balls, but only one ball in the case of a strike, and three balls in the case of a strike or a spare in the last frame of a game.
- (philately) The outer decorated portion of a stamp's image, often repeated on several issues although the inner picture may change.
- (context, animation) A division of time on a multimedia timeline, such as 1/30th of a second.
- (transitive) Of a constructed object such as a building, to put together the structural elements.
- Once we finish framing the house, we'll hang tin on the roof.
- (transitive) Of a picture such as a painting or photograph, to add a decorative border.
- (transitive) To position visually within a fixed boundary.
- The director frames the fishing scene very well.
- (transitive) To construct in words so as to establish a context for understanding or interpretation.
- How would you your accomplishments?
- The way the opposition has framed the argument makes it hard for us to win.
- (transitive) Of a presumably innocent person, to cause to appear guilty.
- The gun had obviously been placed in her car in an effort to her.