- Of, relating to, or measured using a decameter / decametre; especially of electromagnetic radiation having a wavelength between one and ten decameters.
verb (decod, ing)
- To convert from an encrypted form to plain text.
- The cryptographer decoded the secret message and sent the result to the officer.
- To figure out something difficult to interpret.
- I finally managed to the nearly illegible doctor's prescription.
- A person who decodes secret messages
- A device that decodes a scrambled electronic signal e.g. of a satellite television signal
- A statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol (dictionary definitions).
- A statement expressing the essential nature of something.
- The action or process of defining.
- The act of defining; determination of the limits.
- A product of defining.
- The action or power of describing, explaining, or making definite and clear.
- Her comic genius is beyond .
- Clarity of visual presentation, distinctness of outline or detail.
- The of a telescope.
- Improve the of an image.
- Clarity, especially of musical sound in reproduction.
- Sharp demarcation of outlines or limits.
- A jacket with distinct waist .
- (bodybuilding) The degree to which individual muscles are distinct on the body.
- A graduated, circular scale over which a needle moves to show a measurement (such as speed).
- A clock face.
- A sundial.
- A panel on a radio etc showing wavelengths or channels; a knob that is turned to change the wavelength etc.
- A disk with finger holes on a telephone; used to select the number to be called.
- (transitive) To measure or indicate something with a dial.
- (transitive) To control or select something with a dial
- (transitive) To select a number, or to call someone, on a telephone.
- (intransitive) To use a dial or a telephone.
- (physics) any object (such as a magnet, polar molecule or antenna), that is oppositely charged at two points (or poles)
- (mathematics) differential