- not cut
- (context, of a gemstone) not cut or ground to the desired shape
- (context, of a book) not having the page edges trimmed
- (of a play, film etc) not edited or abridged by a censor
- A soft floor covering that lies under a carpet.
- past tense of to underlie
noun or _
verb (underlin, ing)
- A line placed underneath a piece of text in order to provide emphasis or to indicate that it should be viewed in italics or that it acts as a hyperlink
- An _ character
- To draw a line underneath something, especially to add emphasis; to underscore
- To emphasise or stress something
- without lead
- Collective term for the capital letters A, B, C, ... as opposed to the small letters a, b, c, ....