- the part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals
- the part of a shirt, dress, etc., which fits a person's .
- the tapered part of a bottle toward the opening
- (music) the extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- To make out; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle.
- ''Alan and Betty were necking in the back of a car when Betty's dad caught them.
- (given name, male, from Greek, ). A diminutive of Nicholas.
- diminutive form of w:Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon.
- A hard-shelled seed.
- A fastener: a piece of metal, usually square or hexagonal in shape, with a hole through it having machined internal threads, intended to be screwed onto a bolt or other threaded shaft.
- (informal) An insane person.
- (slang) The head.
- (context, vulgarity, slang, rarely used in the singular) A testicle.
- (context, US, slang) The amount of money necessary to set up some venture; set-up costs.
verb (nut, t, ed)
- 1971: My attorney was waiting in a bar around the corner. "This won't make the ," he said, "unless we have unlimited credit." " Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Harper Perennial 2005, p. 11)
- (musical instruments) On string instruments such as guitars and violins, the small piece at the peghead end of the fingerboard that holds the strings at the proper spacing and, in most cases, the proper height.
- (context, transitive, slang) To hit deliberately with the head; to headbutt.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To ejaculate (semen).