- (Linguistics) The process of deleting one of two almost identical syllables within a word, as in 'library' (pronounced 'laÉªbri).
- Note: Interestingly, 'haplology' is a perfect candidate.
- A period of euphoria due to an intake of drugs
adjective (higher, highest)
- That pill gave me a for a few hours, before I had a comedown
- Being elevated in position or status, a state of being above many things.
- tall, Tall, lofty, at a great distance above the ground (at high altitude).
- (slang) To be under the influence of a mood affecting drug; stoned.
- Of a quantity or value, great or large.
- a interest rate
- (in linguistics) of phonemes articulated using the same parts of the speech organs. For example, labial m, b, p, alveolar n, d, t, velar Å‹, g, k. The Indic alphabets are rationally arranged so that homorganic letters are grouped together.
- (medicine) produced by the same or homologous organs
- A silence, especially after some noise