- (uncountable) the main language spoken in Japan.
- I"ve been studying for three years, and I still can"t order pizza in Kyoto!
- (countable) a person living in or coming from Japan.
- A will typically have black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin.
- Note: this can also refer to someone of Japanese ancestry. Less frequently, someone of Japanese ancestry living in another country will be referred to by a similar pairing"e.g., Japanese-Taiwanese or Japanese-British.
- Note: many people object to the usage of this sense in singular form, and it is now more frequent to see a person in or from Japan referred to by using the adjective Japanese. Rather than "a Japanese," you will frequently see "a Japanese person."''
- of or relating to Japan.
- A saw is one that cuts on the pull stroke rather than on the push stroke.
- In the United States, animation has had a tremendous surge in popularity over the last few years.
- An ethnic group of people native to Northern India and Pakistan (including large populations living in the EU, US, Canada, Australia and UK), that have attributes of an ethnic group, tribe and a people.
- A member of this ethnic group & people.
- A language spoken in Java.
- A person belonging to the native Malayan people of the island of Java.
- A Native American tribe.
- The Athabascan language these people speak.