- A mythical beast traditionally represented as having the legs of a buck, the body of a horse, the tail of a lion with a single spiral horn on its head; a symbol of virginity.
- A heraldic representation of such a beast used as a charge or as a supporter; as in the arms of Great Britain and of Scotland.
- A mistranslation by the King James Bible (wild ox according to RSV). Young Earth Creationists and Fundamentalists believe the Unicorn to be some type of extinct one horned animal, possibly a dinosaur:
Will the be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the with his band in the furrow? Or will he harrow the valleys after thee? " Job 39:9-10 KJV.
verb (unites, uniting, united)
- To come or bring together as one.
- The new government will try to the various factions.
- If we want to win, we will need to .