noun (wikipedia, Afghan afghani)
- A monetary currency being used in Afghanistan, divided into 100 pul.
- The act of allowing, granting, conceding, or admitting; authorization; permission; sanction; tolerance.
- Without the king's will or the state's allowance. --Shak.
- The censure of the which one must in your allowance overweigh a whole theater of others. --Shak.
- That which is allowed; a share or portion allotted or granted; a sum granted as a reimbursement, a bounty, or as appropriate for any purpose; a stated quantity, as of food or drink; hence, a limited quantity of meat and drink, when provisions fall short.
- I can give the boy a handsome allowance. --Thackeray.
- Abatement; deduction; the taking into account of mitigating circumstances; as, to make allowance for the inexperience of youth.
- After making the largest allowance for fraud. --Macaulay.
- (commercial) A customary deduction from the gross weight of goods, different in different countries, such as tare and tret.
- (given name, male), from Angelo or an anglicized spelling of íngel.
- (given name, female) from the English noun angel.
- (baseball) A player on the team the "w:Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".
- Smith became an as a result of a pre-season trade.
- (given name, female, from Hebrew, ) periodically popular as a variant of Ann in English.
- Ann, the apocryphal mother of Virgin Mary.
- (biblical character) A prophetess who saw the infant Jesus ( Luke 2:36-38)
- Advanced Supplementary
- (neurology) Asperger's Syndrome
- (geography) American Samoa
- rough, Rough or harsh; severe, stern, serious.
- (context, currency) A subdivision of the Laotian kip, 100 at=1 kip
noun (plural: attributions)
- Gerund form of attribute; an explicit or formal acknowledgment of ownership or authorship.
- A subdivision of currency, equal to a 1/100th of a Macanese pataca.