- The currency of Panama, divided into 100 centésimos
verb (bans, banning, banned, banned)
- To forbid.
- Bare feet are banned in this establishment.
- (vulgar) A halfpenny. Scotch.
- (historic) A coin made of gold or silver, minted at w:Byzantium, Byzantium and used in currency throughout mediaeval Europe.
- The currency of Ethiopia, divided into 100 santims
- A piece of metal placed in a horse's mouth and connected to reins to direct the animal.
- A rotary cutting tool fitted to a drill, used to make holes.
- An eighth of a dollar. Note that there is no coin minted worth 12.5 cents.
- A quarter is two bits.
- (context, dated, UK) A coin of a specified value.
- A threepenny .
- A small piece of something.
- There were bits of paper all over the floor.
- A portion of something.
- I'd like a big of cake, please.
- (slang) A prison sentence.
- An excerpt of material from a stand-up comedian's repertoire.
- (simple past of, bite)
- Your dog me!
- To a small extent; in a small amount (usually with "a").
- That's a too sweet.
- The unit of currency in Bolivia, divided into 100 centavo, centavos.
- A colloquial term for a woman or girl.
- Synonyms: see wikiSaurus:woman
- (of a person or object) wide in extent or scope
- having a specified width (e.g. 3 ft broad)
- (context, of an accent) strongly regional
- (uncountable) A natural or man-made alloy of copper, usually of tin, but also with one or more other metals.
- (countable) (uncountable) A reddish-brown colour, the colour of bronze.
- <table><tr><td>bronze colour: </td><td bgcolor="
verb (bronz, es)
- 826644" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (countable) A work of art made of bronze, especially a sculpture.
- A bronze medal
- To plate with bronze.
- To color bronze.
- Made of bronze.
- Having a reddish-brown colour.