verb (yok, ing)
- A bar or frame of wood by which two oxen are joined at the heads or necks for working together.
- (figurative) A burden; something which represses or restrains a person.
- The electro-magnetic coil that deflects the electron beam in a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube).
- (nautical) A fitting placed across the head of the rudder with a line attached at each end by which a boat may be steered. In modern use it is primarily found in sailing canoes and kayaks.
- Common misspelling of yolk
- The part of a shirt that stretches over the shoulders, usually made out of a doubled piece of fabric. Or, a pair of fabric panels on trousers (especially jeans) or a skirt, across the back of the garment below the waistband.
- (context, informal, Ireland) An undefined object, a gadget.
- (context, informal, slang) A joke.
- to link or to join
- to unite, to connect