- exempt, Exempt from inclusion.
- (immunology) protected, Protected by inoculation.
- (immunology) Protected due to inate resistance to pathogens.
verb (immuniz, es)
- (transitive) To make someone or something immune to something.
- (transitive) To inoculate someone, as thus produce immunity from a disease.
- that produces a reaction from the immune system; antigenic
- (medicine) The branch of medicine that studies the body's immune system.
verb (inoculates, inoculating, inoculated, inoculated)
- (context, transitive, immunology) To introduce an antigenic substance or vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.
- (context, transitive, by extension) To safeguard or protect something as if by inoculation.
- (immunology) The introduction of an antigenic substance or vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.
- (microbiology) The introduction of a microorganism into a culture medium.