- A blood type of the ABO system that has a both blood antigens and may receive all blood types, and donate to AB.
- Alberta (Canadian province).
- able-bodied seaman.
- Bachelor of Arts.
- The act of uniting by glue or other tenacious substance; the state of being thus united; adhesion of parts.
- Combination in which root words are united with little or no change of form or loss of meaning. See agglutinative, 2.
- The clumping together of red blood cells or bacteria, usually in response to a particular antibody.
- of or pertaining to an allergen
- 1996: Fred R. Shank, Ph.D., http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/allerg7.html FDA Allergy Warning Letter - "Evidence suggests that some allergenic substances can cause serious allergic responses in some individuals upon ingestion of very small amounts of the substance."
- having the effect of an allergen
- Of or pertaining to allergy.
- I am to cats.
- Having an allergy.
- Excessively sensitive; susceptible.
- A condition of hypersensitivity to a substance (an allergen) considered harmless to most people. Exposure (consumption, inhalation, physical contact, etc) to such substances causes the body to undergo a reaction, often resulting in symptoms such as difficulty breathing and/or swellings/rashes of the skin.
- Altered susceptibility to a first treatment as exhibited in reaction to a subsequent one.
- (informal) An antipathy, as toward a person or activity.
- He is allergic to reality TV.
noun (antibod, ies)
- (immunology) A protein produced by B-lymphocytes that binds to a specific antigen.