- any gene which brings about the death of an organism carrying it; usually the result of a mutation
- An institution which holds books and/or other forms of stored information for use by certain people. It is usual, but not a defining feature of a library, for it to be housed in rooms of a building, to lend items of its collection to members either with or without payment, and to provide various other services for its community of users.
- A collection of books or other forms of stored information. An individual may refer to his collection of books and other items as his library.
- record library
(computer science) A collection of subprograms used to develop software.
- connected, either with links, or as if with links
(computing) having links (between modules, records etc)
- A place or locality, especially a centre of activity or the scene of a crime.
The cafeteria was the of activity.
(math) The set of all points whose coordinates satisfy a given equation or condition.
A circle is the of points from which the distance to the center is a given value, the radius.
- (genetics) A fixed position on a chromosome that may be occupied by one or more genes.
- The doctrine that maintained that environmentally acquired characteristics could be inherited.
- The use of pseudo-science in furtherance of an ideology.