(genetics) a group of organisms having the same specific genotype
(chemistry) Having a valence of 2.
(genetics) Of, or relating to a pair of homologous synapsed chromosomes that occur during meiosis.
verb (breeds, breeding, bred)
All animals or plants of the same species or subspecies eg. a breed of tulip, a breed of animal.
- A race or lineage.
- To sexually produce offspring.
- Of animals, to mate.
- To keep animals and have them reproduce in a way that improves the next generation"s qualities.
- To arrange the mating of specific animals.
She wanted to her cow to the neighbor's registered bull.
- To propagate or grow plants trying to give them certain qualities.
He tries to blue roses. Disaster breeds famine.
- To make sure that one's young grow up to adulthood.
- To yield or result in.