noun (plural: magpies)
- One of several kinds of bird in the family Corvidae, especially Pica pica.
- A superficially similar Australian bird, Gymnorhina tibicen.
- (slang) Fan or member of Newcastle United Football Club (soccer).
- A river in southern Germany, flowing from Bavaria to the Rhine.
- (context, of a car) brand, Brand; often paired with model.
verb (makes, making, made)
- What car do you drive?
- To create, construct or produce.
- We made a bird feeder for our yard.
- They hope to a bigger profit.
- We"ll a man out of him yet.
- To constitute.
- They a cute couple.
- This makes the third infraction.
- (context, construed with of, typically interrogative) To interpret.
- I don"t know what to of it.
- (context, usually stressed) To bring into success.
- This company is what made you.
- She married into wealth. She has it made.
- (context, second object is an adjective) To cause to be.
- The citizens made their objections clear.
- This might you a bit woozy.
- (context, second object is a verb) To cause to do.
- You"re making her cry.
- I was made to feel like a criminal.
- (context, second object is a verb, can be stressed for emphasis or clarity) To force to do.
- The teacher made the student study.
- Don"t let them you suffer.
- (context, of a fact) To indicate or suggest to be.
- His past mistakes don"t him a bad person.
- (context, of a person being sought) To recognise (without being recognised in return)
- 2004, George Nolfi et al, w:Ocean's Twelve, Ocean's Twelve, Warner Bros. Pictures, 0:50:30,
- :<span style="font-variant:small-caps">Linus Caldwell:</span> Well, she just made Danny and Yen, which means in the next 48 hours the three o' your pictures are gonna be in every police station in Europe.
- 2007 May 4, Andrew Dettmann et al, "Under Pressure", episode 3-22 of w:Numb3rs, Numb3rs, 00:01:16,
- :<span style="font-variant:small-caps">David Sinclair:</span> (walking) Almost at Seventh; I should have a visual any second now. (rounds a corner, almost collides into Kaleed Asan) Damn, that was close.<br /><span style="font-variant:small-caps">Don Eppes:</span> David, he you?<br /><span style="font-variant:small-caps">David Sinclair:</span> No, I don't think so.
- A large heavy wooden beetle; a mallet for driving anything with force; a maul.
- A heavy blow.
- An old game played with malls or mallets and balls. See Pall-mall
- A place where the game of mall was played. Hence: A public walk; a level shaded walk.
- Subsequently, an enclosed shopping centre.
- (Australian English) A pedestrianised street.
- Bad land, specifically land having an underlayer of basaltic lava.
- (context, botany) A tropical Asian fruit tree, Mangifera indica.
- The fruit of the mango tree.
- (context, US) A bell pepper.
- An unbranded range animal.
- One who does not abide by rules.
- (rfquote-sense) One who creates or uses unconventional and/or controversial ideas or practices.
- (context, poker slang) A queen and a jack as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em
- Showing independence in thoughts or actions.
- A decision.
- A person.
noun (see individual senses for plurals)
- ( media) The nature of the surrounding environment, eg solid, liquid, gas, vacuum, or a specific substance such as a solvent.
- ( media) The material or empty space through which signals, waves or forces pass.
- ( media) A format for communicating or presenting information.
- ( media) A nutrient solution for the growth of cells in vitro
- ( media) The means or channel by which an aim is achieved.
- ( mediums) A liquid base which carries pigment in paint.
- ( mediums) Someone who supposedly conveys information from the spirit world
- ( mediums) Anything having a measurement intermediate between extremes, such as a garment or container.
- ( mediums) A person whom garments or apparel of intermediate size fit.
- of intermediate size
- of intermediate or average quality; mediocre
- The football team is never the worst or best in its league; its position is always .
noun (wikipedia, Mikoyan)
- Any of a series of Russian fighter aircraft
- The ability for rational thought.
- Despite advancing age his was still as sharp as ever.
- The ability to be aware of things.
- There was no doubt in his that they would win.
- The ability to remember things.
- My just went blank.
- The ability to focus the thoughts.
- I can"t keep my on what I"m doing.
- Somebody that embodies certain mental qualities.
- He was one of history"s greatest minds.
- Judgment, opinion, or view.
- He changed his after hearing the speech.
- Desire, inclination, or intention.
- She had a to go to Paris.
- A to the madness.
- A healthy mental state.
- I, __ being of sound and body, do hereby...
- You are losing your .
- (philosophy) The spirit of consciousness regarded as an aspect of reality.
- In the philosophy of , dualism is about the relationship between and matter.
- To pay attention to.
- Mind the gap.
- Mind one"s manners.
- Mind you, she's very able.
- To care, to object, to have a contrary opinion.
- I don"t .
- To look after, to take care of.
- Would you my bag for me?
verb (mizzl, ing)
- Rain falling in very fine drops.
- (context, UK, intransitive) To rain in very fine drops.
- To abscond, scram, flee.
- (obsolete) colic
- (slang) sullenness; sulky behaviour