- Eastern Time (synonyms: EST, Eastern Standard Time, EDT. Eastern Daylight Time)
- The time of the day between dusk and night, when it gets dark.
- The time of the day between the approximate time of midwinter dusk and midnight (compare afternoon); the period after the end of regular office working hours.
- (figuratively) A concluding time period; a point in time near the end of something; the beginning of the end of something.
- It was the of the Roman Empire.
- (archaic) Always
- It was ever thus.
- At any time, particularly used as an intensifier.
- If that ever happens, we"re in deep trouble.
- Has a foreign-born man ever been president?
- Will this ever end?
- Don't ever do that again.