- The eighteenth letter of the Appendix:Roman script, English alphabet, preceded by Q and followed by S.
(context, US politics) Republican
(film certification) restricted
right (as opposed to left)
(context, handbells) ring
(context, baseball, cricket) The statistic reporting the number of runs scored by a player
- position of a person, place, thing, or idea in relation to others based on a shared property such as physical location, population, or quality
verb Based on your test scores, you have a rank of 23.
- a level in an organization such as the military
Private First Class (PFC) is the lowest rank in the Marines.
(context, taxonomy) a level in a scientific taxonomy system
Phylum is the taxonomic rank below kingdom and above class.
- (usu. pl) The lines or rows of people in an organization
He rose up through the ranks of the company from mailroom clerk to CEO.
- One of the horizontal lines of squares on a chessboard
(music) In a pipe organ, a set of pipes of a certain quality for which each pipe corresponds to one key or pedal.
- to give a person, place, thing, or idea a rank
- Their defense is ranked third in the league
- Having a very strong and bad odor.
- Something which is disgusting.
(rare) A castle or other fortification.
(chess) A piece shaped like a castle tower, that can be moved only up, down, left or right (but not diagonally) or in castling.
A European bird, Corvus frugilegus, of the crow family.
- An Amish card game.
- A swindler; someone who betrays.
(transitive) To cheat or swindle.