- The sixteenth letter of the Appendix:Roman script, English alphabet, preceded by O and followed by Q.
- One who is poor at chess.
(chess) The most common chess piece, each side having eight. Moves are only forward; attacks are only forward diagonally or en passant.
(colloquial): Someone who is being manipulated or used to some end, usually not the end that individual would prefer.
verb Though a of the gods, her departure is the precipitating cause of the Trojan War.
- A type of shop that allows someone to buy and sell used items.
- An item sold to a pawn shop.
- An instance of selling to a pawn shop.
- to sell something to a pawn shop.
(context, gaming) to render one's opponent as a mere pawn, especially in a real-time strategy game
- an advancing in rank or position
- a sales tactic, advertisement