- Each of the four days customarily regarded as starting a new quarter year.
- (archaic) An impudent woman; a prostitute.
- quantized electronic structure
- (transitive) To make quiet.
- (intransitive) To become quiet.
verb (quiz, z, es)
- A competition in the answering of questions.
- (transitive) (archaic) To hoax.
- (transitive) To question closely, to interrogate.
verb to quid
- The inherent nature of something.
- (context, US, historical) A section of the Republican Party between 1805 and 1811 (from tertium quid).
- To chew tobacco
- (context, of a horse) To let food drop from the mouth whilst chewing