- a governor of part of a country, especially of a fourth part of a province in ancient Rome
- an officer in charge of a fourth part of a phalanx in ancient Greece
noun (wikipedia, Thriambus)
- A conclusive success following an effort, conflict, or confrontation of obstacles; victory; conquest.
verb the of knowledge
- A magnificent and imposing ceremonial performed in honor of a victor.
(obsolete) Any triumphal procession; a pompous exhibition; a stately show or pageant.
- A state of joy or exultation at success.
(obsolete) A trump card.
- A card game, also called trump.
- To prevail over rivals, challenges, or difficulties.
- To succeed, win, or attain ascendancy.
noun (pl=triumviri, pl2=triumvirs)
- One member of a triumvirate
- A group or association of three.