- alternative spelling of aedile or í¦dile
- of, or relating to the wind.
- (geology) carried, deposited or eroded by the wind.
<!-- commented out because the OED addition series just lists this as a sense without any problems. what does "strict usage" mean anyway?
- A person whose name has become identified with a particular object or activity.
- A word formed from a person"s name, e.g. stentorian after the Greek herald Stentor.
- The hero of a book, film etc. having the character"s name as its title, e.g. w:Robinson Crusoe, Robinson Crusoe.
- (context, healthcare) A condition, disease or disorder named after a particular clinician or patient, e.g. Alzheimer's Disease, Alzheimer"s Disease, named after the neurologist w:Alois Alzheimer, Alois Alzheimer.
- an equestrian person; one who rides on horseback
- of horseback riding or horseback riders
- They were an equestrian people.
- After his death an equestrian statue was created.